In November 2005, voters approved a Measure F Bond to renovate and enhance schools in Newport-Mesa Unified School District (NMUSD). As part of the bond requirements, NMUSD formed a Citizens Oversight Committee, which is now seeking new community members to serve on the committee. The Citizens Oversight Committee is responsible for ensuring that Measure F bond expenditures are consistent with what voters approved in November 2005.
Committee Member Duties:
- Ensure Measure F Bond funds are spent on projects listed in the Bond Project Lists
- Monitor Measure F Bond project progress
- Receive and review copies of the annual performance and financial audits of Measure F Bond projects as required by California State law (Proposition 39).
- Provide information to the public on the progress of Measure F Bond projects and expenditures of Bond funds.
Committee Member Requirements:
- Must live within the NMUSD boundaries
- Must NOT be an employee or official of the school district (except those individuals designated to represent employee organizations)
- Must NOT be a vendor, contractor, or consultant to the school district
- Must NOT be a current or former member of the NMUSD Board of Education
In addition to the community members, some Citizens Oversight Committee members are appointed by specific school and community organizations.
Please complete and return the Citizens Oversight Committee Application to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5, 2024:
- Citizens Oversight Committee Application
- Spanish Application - Solicitud del Comité de Supervisión Ciudadana
- Russian Application - Заявка на участие в деятельности комитета по общественному контролю
Please visit the Citizens Oversight Committee webpage for more information.