Skip to main content

Work Permit

If you are a current NMUSD student and need a Work Permit:

Step 1: Complete a Work Permit Application 

  • Print and fill out the California Work Permit Application (CDE Form B1-1) which can be found at the following link: California Work Permit Application (CDE Form B1-1)
  • All fields must be completed and signed.
  • Completed Work Permit Application (CDE Form B1-1)

Step 2: Email Completed Documentation to Your School

Once your application is completed, send to Elin Gonzalez at 

Step 3: Receive your Work Permit Electronically

Once you receive your executed work permit, you will need to complete the following:

  • Sign the Student field of the executed work permit.
  • Deliver fully executed work permit to employer

If you have any questions about the process, please contact Elin Gonzalez or Vickie Gilmore at 949-515-6000.

Entertainment Work Permits:

Please follow steps below to apply for an Entertainment Work Permit:

  • Contact the California Department of Industrial Relations to review steps on completing the application.
  • Once application is completed, you will need to submit to Vickie Gilmore at
  • We will complete the Attendance, Grades, and Health fields, and return the application to the parent. It is then the parent's responsibility to contact the appropriate agency authorized to issue Entertainment Work Permits.