The CDM counseling department’s vision is to help all students achieve their highest potential in academic, personal/social, and career development.
- Students are our highest priority.
- In collaborating with students, educators, families, and community members to promote student achievement.
- All students have the right to a safe and nurturing environment.
- In the fundamental values of honesty, respect and responsibility and that every student has the right to be heard and treated with dignity.
- In providing all students the knowledge of resources and opportunities available at CDM.
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive counseling program that:
- Serves all students.
- Assists students with healthy decision making.
- Is proactive and preventative in design.
- Provides intentional guidance curriculum that targets knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
Role of the School Counselor
School Counselors work with students in three areas:
Academics, Social/Emotional and College and Career Readiness
We must, at a minimum, hold a Master's Degree in School Counseling
Meet state licensure/certification requirements
Uphold the American School Counselor Association Ethics and Standards
Work with students on supports in tiered intervention services in academic and social/emotional areas
Classroom guidance lessons. Topics can include: signs of suicide, intervention Programs, college and career readiness , course registration, social/emotional supports and others
Conduct 1:1 short term counseling
Collaborate with parents, teachers and students to develop strategies for student success and refer students to more intensive supports when deemed necessary
Work in tandem with School Social Workers, School Psychologists and Administration to build comprehensive supports for students
If you or a loved one are experiencing a mental health emergency, please, call 911 or go to the closest emergency room.
Other resources include:
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 or visit the Crisis Text Webpage. --Free 24/7 crisis text support
High School Counselors
(Last Names A-Dav)
(Last Names Daw-Hol)
Mr. De La Riva
(Last Names Hom-Moa)
(Last Names Sew-Z)
Middle School Counselors
College Programs Coordinator ROP Career Specialist