Middle School Athletics
NONDISCRIMINATION AND EQUIVALENT OPPORTUNITIES IN THE ATHLETIC PROGRAM
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE INFORMATION
Please see the coach for each individual sport for information on athletic clearance information.
MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS INFORMATION 2022-23
League: Costal Athletic League
Schools in League: TeWinkle, Costa Mesa, Ensign, Harbor Day, Sowers, Dwyer, CDM
- Boys Volleyball: Tryouts start the third week of school and the season runs from late September to mid- November.
- Girls Basketball: Tryouts start the third week of school and the season runs from late September through mid-November.
- Co-ed Cross Country: This is a no-cut sport, everyone will race. They start running practices after Thanksgiving and meet after school at the track two to three times a week. The races are on Thursdays in January.
- Girls Volleyball: Tryouts are in mid-November.
- Boys Basketball: Tryouts start after Thanksgiving and the season runs from mid- December through mid-February.
- Boys & Girls Soccer: Tryouts start after President’s Break in February and the season runs from mid-March through early April. Girls: Brian Middleton. Boys: TBD
- Co-ed Track: This is a no-cut sport, everyone will compete. They start practices after Spring Break and meet after school at the track two to three times a week. There are five meets total (3 tri-meets, a league pre-lims, and a league finals). The head coach is Steve Lassegard.
MA Athletics Coordinator