About this site
Welcome to my School Loop website. General information that goes out to both classes, or to anyone who visits my site, will be here on this main page.
While there is a calendar on SchoolLoop, you will probably only see due dates that also appear in the gradebook. I usually write my own calendars, and email those home when they update.
The 'Issues of Interest' page includes links to contests, articles, and quotations about reading and writing. Please visit! Bookmark this site and make it a favorite (even though I'm sure you have other sites you prefer)!
2014 summer reading
Corona del Mar High School Core Novel List: Suggested Summer Reading
These novels will be assessed when you return to school. Reading over the summer will better prepare you for the assessment given the third week of school.
- Incoming 9th Grade: Anthem – Ayn Rand
- Incoming 10th Grade: 1984 – George Orwell
- Incoming 11th Grade: Select and read ONE of the following
- Catcher in the Rye – JD Salinger
- Their Eyes Were Watching God – Zora Neale Hurston
- Into the Wild – Jon Krakauer
- For Whom the Bell Tolls – Ernest Hemingway
- Incoming 11th Grade AP Language & Composition* (specific assignments fall/ due dates will be communicated via teacher)
- Into the Wild — Jon Krakauer
- The Crucible — Arthur Miller
- Incoming 12th Grade: One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest – Ken Kesey
- Incoming 12th Grade AP Literature and Composition* (specific assignments fall/due dates will be communicated via teacher)
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest — Ken Kesey
- Western Wind: An Introduction to Poetry — Nims & Mason (if purchasing, used copies are recommended)
- How to Read Literature Like a Professor – Thomas C. Foster (available online)
*Because of the rigorous nature of AP courses there is more reading, and an expectation that students finish as much as they can over the summer in order to be prepared for the accelerated timeline (the test is a month before school lets out). Your assessments may take place within the first three weeks of school.