100% Club and "Why You're Awesome" winners for November 2015
Blaire Roberts, Julia Wong, Ava Yacoel, David Adelsberg, Tristan Daaboul, Ashvin Wijay, Chase Marion, Coco Chinnici, Chloe Appel, Emma Wang, Maya Galante, Sydney Sharp, Varya Filippov, Zach Cohen, Alex Wood, Jillian Moore, James Kim, Chloe Gebelin, Nicole Faggella, Kate Rodman
This year Corona del Mar Middle School will be continuing our academic and character education program. It is known as the Josten's Renaissance program. Renaissance was started by Larry Biddle in Conway, South Carolina in 1987. Today, over 4,300 schools nationwide are Renaissance schools. Corona del Mar will be one of the first schools in Orange County with a Renaissance program.
- Renaissance inspires the acceptance and excitement for academics that's traditionally reserved for athletics. Through Renaissance, Jostens aims to increase student performance and teacher enthusiasm, and to raise the level of community participation in schools. All students and teachers are encouraged to participate in Renaissance to help improve academic performance. Students benefit from the program because it raises the profile of academics and makes it cool to do well in school. Teachers often cite Renaissance as the source of renewed enthusiasm about their profession.
- Corona del Mar Middle School Renaissance will celebrate academic achievement, good character, leadership, participation by recognizing rewarding students, staffulty, parents, community in sharing the passion for excellence in education. Corona del Mar Middle SchoolRenaissance transforms recognition from a few top students to all students. Renaissance is the first and only national education-focused program created to recognize and reward the academic achievements of students from elementary school through college.Renaissance also encourages the involvement of parents and local businesses. In fact, many of the awards given to students to recognize their academic achievements come from local businesses, including discounts on goods and services.
- The students are recognized for academics, attendance, behavior, citizenship, and self-improvement through a process known asthe 4 R's of Renaissance: recognition, respect, reinforcement, and reward. Renaissance takes the incentive program from business and ties it to education. Renaissance is an ATTITUDE that is contagious! It empowers students, educators, administrators, parents, businesses, and community organizations to work together to encourage student achievement, celebrate success, and increase community involvement in our schools.
- Renaissance schools establish goals, develop strategies and plans, identify tools, and track results of their progress. The great things happening in our schools today are the communities’ best kept secret. Schools are the biggest and most important business in town – Kids are 24% of the population and 100% of our future.
- Corona del Mar Middle School Renaissance promotes academic and citizenship success through many forms of recognition such as academic pep rallies, reward card system, achievement postcards to parents, and many more! Our Renaissance Achievement Card system will provide qualifying students with even more rewards! Three achievement levels have been established and three color-coded cards will be distributed to the students.
- The levels are as follows:
- Gold Level: 4.0 GPA with all O's and/or S's for citizenship marks
- Silver Level: 3.9 to 3.5 GPA with all O's and/or S's for citizenship marks
- Blue Level: 3.49 to 3.0 GPA with all O's and/or S's for citizenship marks
- Green Level: .5 GPA increase with all O's and/or S's for citizenship marks
- These qualifications have been established for the current semester, but may be revised at a later time.